couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Time to move bugspam to a separate list?
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:49:43 GMT
On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 10:27:41AM +0200, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
> Now that volume for both conversation and usage of the bugtracker has
> increased, might this be a good time to move all JIRA mail to a
> different list?
>
> I like to track high-level discussions, but most of the bugs aren't
> that interesting to me. It'd be nice to bring volume down a little. Of
> course I could filter them out client-side, but I thought I'd float
> this here first.

I'm not sure what is common with the ASF, but we have three things:

  * Commit messages from Subversion

  * Change messages from MoinMoin

  * Change messages from JIRA

Developers and committers should be monitoring them all, really.

hey all need to go some place, but where?

We currently have:

  user@couchdb.apache.org

  dev@couchdb.apache.org

  commits@couchdb.apache.org

How would you distribute these messages?

Would you create a new list?

Best,