couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rewriting URLs
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2009 22:21:04 GMT
On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 03:16:42PM -0700, Chris Anderson wrote:
> Eventually this could be implemented in CouchDB itself, with a table
> to lookup app-rewrites for various subdomains or ports. I think it's
> important to limit what the design doc alone can do. Putting something
> like a dictionary of app -> ddoc rewrites in config seems like the
> right place to modify CouchDB at such a fundamental level.

I didn't mean to suggest that design documents get to control the parent URI
space, as this could obviously introduce conflicts. I think a nice approach, as
Chris suggests, would be split into two levels:

  * Design document level URI rewriting, but no parent URIs

  * Server level configuration that rewrites arbitrary URIs

Do we need these both in the same release? Not sure, but it would be nice!

Best,