couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: View Performance (was Re: The 1.0 Thread)
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 21:14:34 GMT
On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 06:16:11PM +0100, Jason Davies wrote:
> Nice work!  I'd be interested to see what kind of performance increase
> we get from Spidermonkey 1.8.1, which comes with native JSON parsing/
> encoding.

I noted that main.js already uses native JSON parsing, in the sense of
eval(). But the JSON encoding clearly could benefit from speeding up.

Rather than migrate completely to 1.8.1, would it be possible to bolt on a
JSON.encode C extension to 1.7? (Although of course that still involves
building a custom 1.7, unless js has a way to dynamically load extensions)