couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: changing branch commit merge block procedure
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 19:08:29 GMT
On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:
> Devs,
>
> We've talked some about discontinuing use of svn's merge/block
> procedure for maintaining old release branches, in favor just asking
> committers to remember to put applicable patches into the 0.9.x
> branch.
>
> There is discussion to be had about what patches are applicable to
> point release branches.
>
> Perspectives?

I've gotten into the habit of making the decision right away and
adding or blocking the commit. That said I could also go for a "decide
to release, post a list of commits, and the comiter is responsible for
his/her list" with community input as needed. I'd think that would
allow for greater community awareness on what is/isn't hitting the
maintenance branches instead of relying on a comitter's judgement
alone.

That said, I'll do as I'm told. I ride trunk so the decision doesn't
really affect me personally beyond having lots of people yell at me if
some behavior change sneaks into a maintenance branch...

Paul Davis