couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unicode normalization (was Re: The 1.0 Thread)
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:05:32 GMT

On 23/06/2009, at 11:22 AM, Noah Slater wrote:

>  Could Unicode normalisation affect the sorting of keys with option
> two?

On a related issue: the locale certainly could e.g. it changes the
collation order of accented characters.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

On the other side, you have the customer and/or user, and they tend to
do what we call "automating the pain." They say, "What is it we're
doing now? How would that look if we automated it?" Whereas, what the
design process should properly be is one of saying, "What are the
goals we're trying to accomplish and how can we get rid of all this
task crap?"
   -- Alan Cooper