couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How are js-interpreters run in presence of concurrent connections to javascript-show dynamic page?
Date Sat, 13 Jun 2009 14:25:14 GMT
Hi Dmitry, I didn't write the code but my understanding is that we
look for an unused OS process for the requested language; if we find
one, we use that process, if not, we spawn a new one.  There is also a
comment in the code

> % Note to future self. Add max process limit.

So the simple answer to your question is that the responses to
concurrent _show requests will be generated in separate OS processes.
Sorry for the radio silence on user@, it's not usually the case.  Most
of the devs are listening there too.  Best,

Adam