couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.9.1 release
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 18:47:25 GMT
On Jun 29, 2009, at 1:18 PM, Noah Slater wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:54:29AM -0400, Adam Kocoloski wrote:
>> Test suite failure
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-398
>>
>> Root of the problem - /_restart does not restart the stats counters
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-397
>
> How soon can these be fixed?

Hi Noah, it depends on how much of a hack the fix should be.  I posted
a fix to COUCHDB-398 that restarts just enough of the server to reset
the stats counters and get the test suite to pass.  We should have a
more in-depth discussion on what exactly POST /_restart should do in
COUCHDB-397.

We don't necessarily need to hold up 0.9.1 while we discuss the
behavior of /_restart, but I think it's very likely that the
implementation of /_restart will change substantially in the near
future.  I would go so far as to recommend that people not use the /
_restart feature in 0.9.1 and below.  Best,

Adam