couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From David Z├╝lke <david.zue...@bitextender.com>
Subject ID encoding inconsistencies
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 12:05:48 GMT
Ohai,

whilst playing around with some url encoding edge cases (for http://www.phpcouch.org/)
, I came across the following two issues:

a) for a document "foo" with attachment "bar/baz", both "foo/bar/baz"
and "foo/bar%2Fbaz" work. I believe that only the latter should be
possible as that would be consistent with other IDs (design documents,
view names and document IDs)
b) if a design document contains a view with a slash, then calling "/
testdb/_design/lolcats/_view/all%2Fyour%2Fbase" works, while "/testdb/
_design/lolcats/_view/all/your/base" gives an HTTP 405 Method Not
Allowed response instead of a 404 which I think would be correct and/
or consistent with the other cases where IDs are not found, right? It
should act like when calling a non-existant view I think.

Should I open tickets for these two, or am I just overlooking
something obvious?

Cheers,

- David