couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Metson <simonmet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Profiling views
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:34:42 GMT
Hi All,
	I was wondering if there was any way of profiling views without using
a lot of log() statements. The application we are developing needs a
lot of analytic information (who's querying what, how long a view
takes to generate, if a query comes in that doesn't map to a view
etc.) and having some decent timing reports on which views in a design
document are taking up time would be really handy, so that we can set/
manage update policy, cache policies etc.
Cheers
Simon

PS.  My hope is that a lot (all?) of this analytic stuff can be done
as a generic couchapp and made publicly available. Will try and keep
people posted as things start to materialise...