couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unicode normalization (was Re: The 1.0 Thread)
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 04:17:23 GMT
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 07:08:32AM -0400, Damien Katz wrote:
> Md5 here is for integrity purposes, not security, so manufactured
> collisions aren't a problem we are worried about. And I don't think
> there is standard SHA1 header, not that I could find anyway.

I've been seeing some unrelated emails go past on the W3C HTTP WG mailing list
about Content-MD5 header which reminded me of this thread. It seems that this
value must be calculated from the MIME canonical response body, which means a
different value for content ranges. This presumably means that CouchDB must
refuse content range requests, send an MD5 value that does not match the
document revision, or break RFC 1864.

Best,