couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Wiles <dale.wi...@gmail.com>
Subject "Personal" Couch DB.
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 02:17:47 GMT
I've been following CouchDB for a while and I'm really impressed with the way it's coming along.

However, like >90% of the users out there, I'm not a business and I don't really care about
replication and daemons and scary things that go bump in the kernel.  I just need somewhere
to put my address lists and record collection.

Are there any plans, or is it even feasible, to make a serverless version of CouchDB, in a
manor similar to SqLite?

For those who don't know SqLite: CouchDB would be a file or set of files.  It "starts up"
when the file is opened and "shuts down" when the file closes.  If you can read the file you
can read the DB.  If you can write the file, you an write the DB.  Database locking is handled
by the DB.

I think a *lot* of potential casual database users would be interested in a no hassle/no mystery
version of CouchDB they could play with.  It's something to think about.

- Dale

--
Dale Wiles
dale.wiles@gmail.com