couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Windows support
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 18:49:38 GMT
On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 01:27:16PM -0400, Damien Katz wrote:
> Ideally, what we'd end up with would be a completely automated Windows
> build system that builds a complete installer and supports XP, Server
> 2003 & 2007, Vista, 7, etc. And we'd support running as a service and as
> a user process and have nice Visual Studio integration.

I would like to see a Windows user sending us regular patches, and getting stuck
in with the development and support of CouchDB from this perspective. After a
while, I would want this person to become a full committer. I really don't think
we should be claiming Windows support until at least one of the core developers
is a genuine Windows user.

If you need pointers on where to get stuck in, I'm your guy.