couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tail Append Headers
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 20:44:30 GMT
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Damien Katz <damien@apache.org> wrote:
> Chris Anderson has done some work here with the batch feature for similar
> efficiency reasons, except that his feature is to buffer the docs into
> memory and return success to the client immediately, it's for things where
> losing some messages is acceptable (like logging), so long as the
> transactions are fast and efficient as possible. You instead want the client
> to wait and get the success or fail. it seems the batch work is where to
> build this into.

Exactly. It'd be a "trivial" change to the batch=ok feature to add
wait=true so that the client hangs open on the connection and receives
a 201 Created when the batch is committed. It'd actually be sort of a
challenging patch, but I can perhaps add it before 1.0.

I've added it to Jira here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-356

Chris

--
Chris Anderson