couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release 0.9.1
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 14:30:41 GMT
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 5:16 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Noah Slater wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 11:57:43PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
>>

>>> That said, what keeps us from 0.10? I did contemplate the the jump from
>>> 0.9 isn't as big as the jump from 0.8. Though, I would probably say that
>>> the jump from 0.8 to 0.9 was fairly delayed. At the moment there are at
>>> least three new features: config.d updates, bulk=ok, and the reduce
>>> warnings; none of which seem like only a $(REVISON) change. To me that
>>> doesn't seem like something to ignore but I would be perfectly happy
>>> referring to version numbers via subversion revision so I'm a bit not
>>> normal on that front.
>>>

>> Just to be clear, my configuration changes were not merged back.
>>
>> What changes, specifically, do you think should be pulled from the 0.9.x
>> branch?
>>

> I haven't the slightest cause I have no idea what the guidelines are.

I'm pretty sure the guidelines are: in the 0.9.x branch, fix bugs,
don't change behavior in a way that would break clients.

Bad candidates for 0.9.x: the reduce_limit patch I just applied to
trunk, changes in query-string validation, totally new features like
batch=ok

Good candidates for 0.9.x: reduce sparseness in db files, make
replication more complete/reliable, fix arbitrary resource limits
(like the 100+ open dbs bug)

I think that's pretty clear, but don't hesitate to ask if it could be
more clear.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson