couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Browning <ben...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jinterface
Date Sat, 23 May 2009 13:30:39 GMT
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 11:46 PM, Evan <evsub@michevan.id.au> wrote:
> Anybody seen JInterface before?  http://erlang.org/doc/apps/jinterface/

I've used JInterface in a simple, custom java client library before
and was able to insert and retrieve docs substantially faster than the
HTTP client libraries. The speed comes at a cost though and for
typical apps it makes more sense to use the HTTP libraries. I've
started work on rewriting this to a more generic, reusable client
library but have some other higher priority projects at the moment.

> Thought it could prove useful if anyone was interested in making a Java
> based view server.

I think you could make a Java view server fairly easily without
JInterface since the view servers communicate with the rest of Couch
over stdin/stdout. However, it does open some interesting
possibilities for integrating Couch with other Java server
technologies for things like httpd handlers.

Ben