couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Attachment Replication Problem
Date Fri, 15 May 2009 06:44:42 GMT
I have a 3.5G Couchdb database, consisting of 1000 small documents,
each with many attachments (0-30 per document), each attachment
varying wildly in size (1K..10M).

To test replication I am running a server on my MBPro and another
under Ubuntu in VMWare on the same machine. I'm testing using a pure
trunk.

Doing a pull-replicate from OSX to Linux fails to complete. The point
at which it fails is constant. I've added some debug logs into
couch_rep/attachment_loop like this: http://gist.github.com/112070 and
made the suggested "couch_util:should_flush(1000)" mod to try and
guarantee progress (but to no avail). The debug output shows this: http://gist.github.com/112069

  and the document it seems to fail on is this: http://gist.github.com/112074
  . I'm only just starting to look at this - any pointers would be
appreciated.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

The project was so plagued by politics and ego that when the engineers
requested technical oversight, our manager hired a psychologist instead.
   -- Ron Avitzur