couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: We are translating CouchDB's web site in Japanese.
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 11:49:20 GMT
On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 06:14:26PM +0900, Kouhei Maeda wrote:
> Firstly, may I open contents translated into Japanese ?

I think this would be great, but we should do it properly:

  * Translators should be given commit access to the /site directory.

  * Translations should be done with po4a[1].

  * Translated pages should use Apache content negotiation.

This would make the following choose the language automatically:

  http://couchdb.apache.org/index

We could also link to the translated pages directly:

  http://couchdb.apache.org/index.en
  http://couchdb.apache.org/index.ja

We could need to add some footer links to each page for language selection.

[1] http://po4a.alioth.debian.org/

Best,