couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r775634 - /couchdb/branches/0.9.x/src/couchdb/couch_db.erl
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 16:26:40 GMT
On May 19, 2009, at 3:06 AM, Kevin Jackson wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> +%% on rare occasions ibrowse seems to process a chunked response
>> incorrectly
>> +%% and include an extra "\r" in the last chunk.  This code ensures
>> that we
>> +%% truncate the downloaed attachment at the length specified in the
>> metadata.
>
> What is the condition that causes ibrowse to add an additional \r?

If we knew, we'd probably have a patch :-/

I sent a test script that does a pretty good job of reproducing the
problem to Chandru yesterday.  He said he'd look into it ASAP.

>> That really sucks. We need to either fix ibrowse or drop it
>> altogether.
>
> What other options are there for an erlang http client?  I'm presuming
> that the http client included with the erlang inets module was ruled
> out previously?

I'm only aware of inets and ibrowse.  We used to use the inets
client.  To be honest, it wasn't really that bad.  Jason Davies led
the switch to ibrowse with a patch back in January which made
replication more reliable for him.  Since then there's been a lot of
work on improving the replicator's reliability in the face of
unreliable links.  It could be that inets would work just fine for us
-- I certainly wouldn't say that its been ruled out.

Best, Adam