couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Erlang vs Scala
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 09:05:14 GMT

On Tue 07 Apr 2009 19:11, Sven Helmberger <sven.helmberger@gmx.de> wrote:

> Personally I would love to have couchdb running on java, even if teh
> performance sucks badly. It would be too sweet to have couchdb
> applications that run via java webstart.

If you want CouchDB for Java, check out Apache Sling currently in the
incubator.  The documentation is pretty rough right now, but they're
working on it.  Sling can be used as a RESTful document database very
similar to CouchDB.  It doesn't use Map-Reduce views but it does allow
for simple resource templates and extention through scripts, osgi
bundles and servlets.

  http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/index.html

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁         cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905