couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From lenz <norb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Erlang vs Scala
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 11:32:55 GMT
hi,
i think this discussion (partly fueled by the current twitter discussions?)
is not in any way productive. couchdb is a wonderful database and erlang is
a language it happens to be written in, who cares if oracle is written in
C++? erlang and the erlang vm are just part of the product couchdb, if you
want to hack it, learn erlang, if you want to use it, javascript might be
enough. a database is nothing you normally deploy on your JVM, at least i
don't.

having said that i think that scala may be an interesting approach to get
all those poor java guys into something more exciting, however i think it
goes nowhere near as far as erlang in many respects.

cheers
lenz

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Robert Dionne <dionne@dionne-associates.com

--