couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update Notifiers
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 21:28:36 GMT
Zach,

I haven't tested this at all, but the only way you could affect
CouchDB in an update notifier would be if you didn't read from stdin
often enough. Eventually (I'm pretty sure) the Erlang process that's
sending notifications would block on the write. After a given amount
of time (default is 5 seconds IIRC) the Erlang process would receive a
timeout error from the os_process module.

I think, caveats apply, untested, etc etc.

Paul Davis