couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Backporting bug fixes to 0.9
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 21:17:03 GMT

On 13 Apr 2009, at 19:45, Paul Davis wrote:

> Is there a reason to not just take current trunk and tag it as 0.9.1?
> I'd be +1 for making some sort of release tarball with Jan's listed
> commits.

I'm not proposing cutting a release just yet, just making sure we
define which commits go into the 0.9.x tree. I'd -1 using trunk to
cut 0.9.1; just for good practice. We do have the 0.9.x branch
and with the practice of "backporting" we make sure that we
don't step on each other in two branches and accidentally
commit stuff to the "stable" branch that is only meant for
"unstable" trunk. Right now it seems overkill but past
experience has shown that this is a good practice to keep
up.

I'd rather examine each commit then just cutting from trunk
now. For example:

refactor: extract method from doc_flush_binaries. add with_stream/2 to
handle automatically opening and closing binary streams:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=764257&view=rev seems a good
candidate to not go into 0.9.1

Cheers
Jan