couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Sho Fukamachi <sho.fukama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: View Intersections
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 09:46:43 GMT
Hi Paul,

thanks for the reply - not trying to point out anything! : ) I did
think the original thread made the proposed functionality sound
suspiciously easy to implement! Well, always like this.

I'm still not good enough at Erlang to offer any implementation
comments worth reading, so I'll refrain from that.

However, if it is doable, I think it could be a very important
feature. To choose just one of many use cases, numerous view examples
in the wiki and elsewhere revolve around the scenario of document tags
- the obvious followup question to those examples is "well, how do I
find a document with all of (n) tags?". Somehow gaining that
functionality would be a real coup, IMO, it would instantly deliver a
kind of n-level arbitrary-tag SELECT and the implications for where
and how you could use CouchDB would be huge. Especially since doing
that kind of thing with SQL is no walk in the park.

So anyway I just sort of wanted to say, +1 to view intersections, if
they're at all possible!

thanks again,

Sho