couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Helmberger <sven.helmber...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Erlang vs Scala
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 11:25:45 GMT
J Aaron Farr schrieb:
> On Tue 07 Apr 2009 19:11, Sven Helmberger <sven.helmberger@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Personally I would love to have couchdb running on java, even if teh
>> performance sucks badly. It would be too sweet to have couchdb
>> applications that run via java webstart.
>
> If you want CouchDB for Java, check out Apache Sling currently in the
> incubator.  The documentation is pretty rough right now, but they're
> working on it.  Sling can be used as a RESTful document database very
> similar to CouchDB.  It doesn't use Map-Reduce views but it does allow
> for simple resource templates and extention through scripts, osgi
> bundles and servlets.
>
>   http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/index.html

That's interesting.. Although my interest would be just to a
Java-couchdb as deployment option. I'm writing this multiple-app hosting
thing that (if I ever finish it) could benefit from having a really easy
way to provide users with a local installation for testing / developing
purposes -- which could finally be synced back to the real hosting. As
long as sling is interface compatible to couchdb sling is not really
going to help in my case.

Regards,
Sven Helmberger