couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <>
Subject Asking for include_docs=false on a reduce view
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 13:14:34 GMT
Minor API issue: I cannot specify include_docs=false where I also have

That is, it's the fourth case I'm thinking of here:

  reduce=false&include_docs=true    # OK
  reduce=false&include_docs=false   # OK
  reduce=true&include_docs=true     # Nonsensical, rejected OK
  reduce=true&include_docs=false    # << Rejected, but legitimate?

The reason I raise this is that it's quite useful to be able to set some
defaults for a view, e.g. {:include_docs=>true, :reduce=>false}, and then
be able to override them later.

So I have to complicate things a bit on the client side - I can't just merge
the overriding options, I have to check for :reduce=>true and remove
:include_docs if it is set.

View raw message