couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Something broke?
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 21:03:39 GMT
Supplementary info: I just installed couchdb on a brand new, Ubuntu 9.04
system, and I have the same problem there.

If I do `/usr/local/etc/init.d/couchdb start` then I get
 * Starting database server couchdb                             [ OK ]
but no process is running thereafter.

If I run according to the instructions in README, then the string
"/usr/local/etc/couchdb/default.ini" is echoed twice to the console, but no
process is running:

$ sudo -i -u couchdb couchdb -b
Apache CouchDB has started, time to relax.
$ /usr/local/etc/couchdb/default.ini
/usr/local/etc/couchdb/default.ini

However it does work if I start without the -b (background) flag:

$ sudo -i -u couchdb couchdb
Apache CouchDB 0.9.0a767289 (LogLevel=info) is starting.
Apache CouchDB has started. Time to relax.
[info] [<0.1.0>] Apache CouchDB has started.

Regards,

Brian.