couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New configuration mechanism (Was: Re: svn commit: r767164 - in /couchdb/trunk: bin/couchdb.tpl.in etc/couchdb/Makefile.am etc/couchdb/default.d/ etc/couchdb/default.ini.tpl.in etc/couchdb/local.d/)
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 15:56:38 GMT
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 04:49:36PM +0100, Robert Newson wrote:
> That looks like exactly what I need when I package couchdb-lucene. I'd
> include /etc/couchdb/default.d/couchdb-lucene.ini as a config file,
> and that would hook couchdb-lucene up neatly. Remove the package and
> it'll remove the config, nice and clean.

Great.

> I assume that later configuration settings override former ones?

Yes.

> I'd like to guarantee that couchdb-lucene's os_process_timeout is applied. I
> suggest using numeric prefixes in the .ini files you supply in the core
> couchdb package (assuming, actually, that /etc/couchdb/default.d/ would not be
> empty by default), much like the rc.d and network hook scripts work
> (01couchdb.ini, for example).

The default.d and local.d directories will be empty by default.

How the files are named is up to the local administrator or distribution.

As your a Debian contributer, we can work together on the nascent collection of
CouchDB related packages to make sure that any additional configuration files
are named coherently and work together without conflicts.