couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Backporting bug fixes to 0.9
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:16:07 GMT
On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 06:13:03PM +0100, Simon Lucy wrote:
> This implies that all development on trunk is targetted at that release,
> is that actually true?  Different projects have different branching
> rules, I cleave to the unstable trunk, stable branch myself which means
> that trunk continues ever onward.  In that scenario you don't  block
> revisions unless its explicitly known that they shouldn't be taken.  I
> wouldn't use block as an admin process.

Well, my thinking is that this only applies to the most recent maintenance
branch as that would only have a few revisions to check against. But there is
the possibility that we would want to make a security release of a much older
maintenance branch which would be very problematic.

That pretty much blows a hole in my entire proposal!

Any other suggestions for some advisory policy change incorporating this work?