couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Devendra Gera <g...@theoldmonk.net>
Subject Re: Document update notifications
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 18:15:20 GMT
Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to review the patch.

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009, Paul Davis wrote:

> Gera,
>
> That looks like a solid patch, but unfortunately I think that the
> comet notification will end up superseding the functionality. The
> basic ideas of the comet framework are to post a JavaScript function
> to the server to allow clients to filter db updates. I'm pretty sure
> this is under active development so stay tuned for updates.

Would the comet notifications supersede the (currently implemented) db
update notifications as well? Are there any estimates as to when that
would come around.

I guess, what I'm trying to ask is that does the patch make sense as in
interim solution?

If not, we'll just keep using the patch internally (and offer it
out-of-tree) while waiting for the superseding functionality.

Thanks,
--gera.