couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Wout Mertens <wout.mert...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Erlang vs Scala
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 02:28:25 GMT
This is what I'm interested in as well.

Actually I guess I'd really want a C library that implements a slow,
single-threaded but correct CouchDB so that mobile apps can use that
for local storage but with replication to the real DB.

Wout.

On Wednesday, April 8, 2009, Sven Helmberger <sven.helmberger@gmx.de> wrote:
> J Aaron Farr schrieb:
>
> On Tue 07 Apr 2009 19:11, Sven Helmberger <sven.helmberger@gmx.de> wrote:
>

> Personally I would love to have couchdb running on java, even if teh
> performance sucks badly. It would be too sweet to have couchdb
> applications that run via java webstart.
>

> If you want CouchDB for Java, check out Apache Sling currently in the
> incubator.  The documentation is pretty rough right now, but they're
> working on it.  Sling can be used as a RESTful document database very
> similar to CouchDB.  It doesn't use Map-Reduce views but it does allow
> for simple resource templates and extention through scripts, osgi
> bundles and servlets.
>
>   http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/index.html
>

> That's interesting.. Although my interest would be just to a Java-couchdb as deployment
option. I'm writing this multiple-app hosting thing that (if I ever finish it) could benefit
from having a really easy way to provide users with a local installation for testing / developing
purposes -- which could finally be synced back to the real hosting. As long as sling is interface
compatible to couchdb sling is not really going to help in my case.