couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Heycock <>
Subject Re: Erlang vs Scala
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 09:10:00 GMT
Excerpts from Sven Helmberger's message of Tue Apr 07 21:11:07 +1000 2009:
> Personally I would love to have couchdb running on java, even if teh
> performance sucks badly. It would be too sweet to have couchdb
> applications that run via java webstart.

This is almost certainly a matter of opinion. If couchdb had been
written in java I wouldn't have gone near it. I've used java extensively
in the past (as a developer & sysadm) and I whilst I realise java has
it's place I'm very, very glad that it wasn't chosen for couchdb.

> Regards,
> Sven Helmberger

View raw message