couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Wout Mertens <wout.mert...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: View Intersections
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 17:04:30 GMT

On Apr 10, 2009, at 11:46 AM, Sho Fukamachi wrote:

> the obvious followup question to those examples is "well, how do I
> find a document with all of (n) tags?".

How about this algorithm. Needed: tagcount view and document-by-tag view

- given a list of tags that the document should have
- find the tag that has the lowest document count with the tagcount view
- request all documents with that tag through the document-by-tag view
- filter manually on documents that match

If that would mean too many documents, make a view that emits all
combinations of 2 tags a document has, that way you filter by that
much more.

It would be neat if one could post a temporary view that runs against
a subset of the output of a real view. That way the viewserver farm
could do the filtering...

Wout.