couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: rep_security merge to trunk
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:41:12 GMT
On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 6:56 AM, Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T
<dundeemt@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 10:35 PM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Damien Katz <damien@apache.org> wrote:
>>> For importing existing docs, I think you could just use the
>>> all_or_nothing:true option and save the multiple copies of the same
>>> documents and they'll all be saved, and you don't have to worry about the
>>> _revisions stuff.
>>>

>> I've posted a script that copies between two running CouchDB
>> instances. I'm using the all_or_nothing option. It does attachments
>> inline using base64 encoding because it mostly works. I think if you
>> have attachments so big that they can't be buffered, you probably want
>> to avoid bulk docs anyway. If anyone desperately needs such a script
>> you might be able to convince me to modify what I've written.
>>
>> Blog post with script and instructions here:
>>
>> http://jchrisa.net/drl/_design/sofa/_show/post/Upgrading%20CouchDB%20databases%20to%20trunk
>>

> Chris,
> Does this migrate conflicted documents or does it ignore them?

yes, it migrates conflicts. It does document requests with

GET /db/docid?open_revs=all&attachments=true

which gives a copy of each doc rev leaf node (that is the head rev and
any conflict revs).

Once I figured out that the same request works for conflicted and
normal docs, the script got much simpler.

Jan, what about blog comments? ;)

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com