couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: rep_security merge to trunk
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2009 03:35:38 GMT
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Damien Katz <damien@apache.org> wrote:
> For importing existing docs, I think you could just use the
> all_or_nothing:true option and save the multiple copies of the same
> documents and they'll all be saved, and you don't have to worry about the
> _revisions stuff.

I've posted a script that copies between two running CouchDB
instances. I'm using the all_or_nothing option. It does attachments
inline using base64 encoding because it mostly works. I think if you
have attachments so big that they can't be buffered, you probably want
to avoid bulk docs anyway. If anyone desperately needs such a script
you might be able to convince me to modify what I've written.

Blog post with script and instructions here:

http://jchrisa.net/drl/_design/sofa/_show/post/Upgrading%20CouchDB%20databases%20to%20trunk

Chris

--
Chris Anderson