couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: REST, Hypermedia, and CouchApps
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 17:50:13 GMT
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Christopher Lenz <cmlenz@gmx.de> wrote:
>> On 25.02.2009, at 06:16, Chris Anderson wrote:
>>>
>>> The question raised by all of this is how closely do we want CouchDB
>>> to be intertwined with CouchApp?
>>
>> In my opinion we should go out of our way to avoid the
>> impression that CouchApps are the preferred/endorsed way to use CouchDB.
>
> Definitely agree with you here, and I've felt this way for a while -
> thanks for putting the Futon links in this perspective.

I've removed the Applications column from Futon. The index of
CouchApps could even be it's own CouchApp, so integration questions
can wait indefinitely.

I'd like to push the httpd_design_handlers stuff into trunk so it can
start to get more eyes before we tag a release. Changing the names of
_show and _list is trivial with this architecture, so I think we can
commit this change without closing that discussion.

I think it will be helpful to give the _view url change a soft
landing, so libraries and stuff can get used to it before the 0.9.0
release.

Anyway, I won't commit until we've had a little more time for comments.

Cheers,

Chris

--
Chris Anderson