couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:26:02 GMT
On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 5:18 AM, Kevin Jackson <foamdino@gmail.com> wrote:
> - Lucene integration - good for students with Java experience?

Good one.

Also:

- Comprehensive standardized benchmark suite (so we can compare Couch
across hardware)

- Alternate view engines. These could be tightly coupled (in the sense
of written in Erlang and optionally using the B-Tree structure) or
loosely and using _external. I think Erlang ones would be more likely
to have a lasting influence. This would be an advanced project. I'd
especially like to see a geospatial indexer.

- Swap the file driver for the file-driver from Yaws. Via alisdair in
#couchdb http://yaws.hyber.org/download/bfile-1.2.tgz

Chris

--
Chris Anderson