couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi-Step Map/Reduce?
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 02:00:01 GMT
There's been discussion but no implementation as far as I'm aware.
There's definitely quite a bit of interest in both multi-step M/R as
well as merging of indexes a la map/reduce/merge.

As far as I've poked and prodded around the source trying to uncover
an implementation I keep hitting some hard walls in terms of
implementation. Specifically the reduce implementation screws with my
brain quite a bit when trying to contemplate how to derive secondary
views from a view with an attached reduce as I've been trying to not
do something silly like just ignore reduce functions when chaining and
merging.

In other words, ideas and patches both welcome. :)

HTH,
Paul Davis