couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JavaScript 1.8 Features in SpiderMonkey (Please?)
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:09:06 GMT
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Zachary Zolton
<zachary.zolton@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, let's see if I've correctly understood the commentary.
>
> Once Mozilla makes a proper release of SpiderMonkey 1.8 available, and
> I see it available in some popular* package management systems, I
> should feel free to attempt to make the switch and submit a patch for
> review.

There was a small patch on the ML a week or two ago talking about
linking CouchJS to spidermonkey tip or similar that was basically
three lines revolving around the branch callback being removed from
spidermonkey. If you search for that it should allow you to link
against it already.

> I'm still a bit fuzzy on which package management systems I'll need to wait for…

I can't point at any specific manager in particular. I'm guessing that
the community would just need to feel comfortable enough with the
requirement, ie a passing general consensus vote on the ML or similar.