couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Paul Davis <>
Subject Re: 0.9 final sprint
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 02:59:21 GMT
On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 9:41 PM, Adam Kocoloski <> wrote:
> On Mar 15, 2009, at 7:56 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>>> *
>>> replicate attachments without Base64 encoding
>>> If I read my commit logs correctly, Adam comitted a patch that fixes
>>> this for one of the two replication directions. Not sure where things
>>> should go from here.
>> Things are working a lot smoother already but Maximillian Dornseif
>> reported a few remaining issues. My understanding is that he's talking
>> to Adam in private because his database contains confidential
>> information. I don't know the state of the ongoing work.
> I haven't heard anything from Maximillian privately yet.  Regarding
> attachments in push replication, I suppose it should be possible to upload
> attachments to the target server before sending the new document revisions.
>  It would be cleaner if we could just do multipart requests, and Jan
> originally marked this one as a blocker because multipart was on the 0.9
> roadmap.
> It's fine with me if we postpone further work on this ticket till after the
> 0.9 release.  I don't have a whole lot of time to work on it at the moment.
>  Best,
> Adam

I would be +1 for delaying multipart replication requests till 0.10
because I assume that's going to be a bit of work. If we're looking to
get 0.9 out soon then I don't see any reason not to call the current
state of attachment replication good.

View raw message