couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Chekmarev <chekmarev.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: GSoC and CouchDB Windows porting
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:25:03 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alexander Chekmarev <chekmarev.alex@gmail.com>
Date: 2009/3/23
Subject: GSoC and CouchDB Windows porting
To: dev-subscribe@couchdb.apache.org

Hello,

I am a student just interested in CouchDB architecture and, what is more
excellent, that is written,commonly, in erlang. I would like to participate
GSoC 2009 with Apache. I am doing my third year of B.D. in Voronezh State
University, Russia. I already downloaded couchedb sources from its svn
repository. I have to know when I can start working on it and I should write
an application draft to you, as I suppose. I also wait some more detailed
requirements, since I could not realize what exactly should be done as part
of Windows porting. Please, specify whether it requires just autotools-based
tools testing and choosing the better for Windows, some work onto setting up
CouchDB deployment on Windows or it requires also some significant(? or not)
source code modifications to port it on Windows. Hence, I will be able to
determine whether I could do all the job at the time we have to complete
GSoC projects. It does not mean I will stop working on, after GSoC finished)
There might be also my mixing up whether based-autotools knowledge is
required apriori or a posteriori, what means a student will get knowledge
and review of this tools while working on the project.

Best,
Chekmarev Alex