couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.9 final sprint
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 01:41:08 GMT
On Mar 15, 2009, at 7:56 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

>> * https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/COUCHDB-163
>> replicate attachments without Base64 encoding
>>
>> If I read my commit logs correctly, Adam comitted a patch that fixes
>> this for one of the two replication directions. Not sure where things
>> should go from here.
>
> Things are working a lot smoother already but Maximillian Dornseif
> reported a few remaining issues. My understanding is that he's talking
> to Adam in private because his database contains confidential
> information. I don't know the state of the ongoing work.

I haven't heard anything from Maximillian privately yet.  Regarding
attachments in push replication, I suppose it should be possible to
upload attachments to the target server before sending the new
document revisions.  It would be cleaner if we could just do multipart
requests, and Jan originally marked this one as a blocker because
multipart was on the 0.9 roadmap.

It's fine with me if we postpone further work on this ticket till
after the 0.9 release.  I don't have a whole lot of time to work on it
at the moment.  Best,

Adam