couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.9 final sprint
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2009 23:56:49 GMT
Hi,

great list Paul, thanks! :)

On 16 Mar 2009, at 00:40, Paul Davis wrote:

> I figured I'd sit down and write out thoughts on the remaining bugs so
> we can have a jumping off point for what needs to be worked on. Here
> goes.
>
> [...]
>
> * https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/COUCHDB-163
> replicate attachments without Base64 encoding
>
> If I read my commit logs correctly, Adam comitted a patch that fixes
> this for one of the two replication directions. Not sure where things
> should go from here.

Things are working a lot smoother already but Maximillian Dornseif
reported a few remaining issues. My understanding is that he's talking
to Adam in private because his database contains confidential
information. I don't know the state of the ongoing work.

> * https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/COUCHDB-185
> group=true is silently dropped in non-reduce views
>
> There's a patch posted that has some consequences for Futon.
> Specifically, the first visit to a view page results in a full reduce
> (no group=true) being executed. I asked Christopher Lenz about this
> and things kinda got dropped there. Also of note is whether the error
> code for this should be a 500 or 400. I went with 500 because I
> treated it the same as any of the other view parameter errors (and it
> was easier to code :). There's also the case of
> group=true&group_level=0 not being detected by this patch.

An HTTP server should not deliberately send a 500 error message.
A 500 response denotes all hope is lost when processing a request.
If CouchDB can detect an invalid request is made, it should return
a 400 status code.

Cheers
Jan