couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From David Pratt <fairwinds...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restricting user interactions to a single document -- was [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.9.0 release
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 19:35:59 GMT
Hi. I am equally concerned about the issue Tim has raised. I am
disappointed because I was also counting on the functionality that
couch possessed going forward. We are loosing something here, though
it may not appear on the surface as being that important (possibly
because the apps with this use case in mind might be in the
minority).  Despite this, it is difficult to accept the recent change
as a new limitation on current and future couch app development. I am
really hoping that this can be resolved in some way to accommodate
such scenarios as Tim has spent his effort describing. Forking couch
makes no sense to me at all. Many thanks.

Regards,
David