couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Shaun Lindsay <sh...@meebo.com>
Subject RE: Lounge clustering framework
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 00:38:22 GMT
Alright, it looks like I've got everything building and working correctly.  (There's a bit
of weirdness in the cluster-wide Futon happening on my desktop that doesn't show up in our
production cluster, which I think is due to using an older version of couchdb, more of an
annoyance than a real problem)

I put together some instructions on how to build and install everything, as well as a bunch
of screenshots demoing the (mostly) seamless creation of cluster-wide partitioned databases
through Futon, available here:

http://code.google.com/p/couchdb-lounge/wiki/TestingOneNode.

Shaun

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaun Lindsay [mailto:shaun@meebo.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 11:35 AM
To: dev@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: RE: Lounge clustering framework

No problem.  We (Vijay, Kevin and myself) are all really excited to give back to the community,
so, really, it's our pleasure.

Anyway, I spent a bunch of time last night sorting out build issues and an assortment of environment-related
problems.  (For instance, we run CentOS for our production/development servers and I was trying
to build it on an Ubuntu/Hardy box last night)  I fixed most of the problems and put up a
rudimentary guide to building and installing it.  I'm missing one of the components of smartyproxy,
so I'll figure out which piece didn't make it to the export and get that in the repo.

Shaun