couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Amos Hayes <aha...@gcrc.carleton.ca>
Subject Reverse proxy design?
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:31:06 GMT

Hello. I've been trying to get couchdb to live happily behind under a
proxied URL like:

http://example.com/couchdb/

And having read through the user list and the instructions at http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Apache_As_a_Reverse_Proxy

  and experimenting a fair bit, I am still at a loss for how to make
it live happily while deeper than root. Having it proxy to root still
causes problems, at least with futon and in some tests (using curl
seems OK in my very basic queries), and having it nested deeper causes
futon lots of grief. I'm sorry if I'm mixing up couchdb and futon, but
for a new user/admin, they are lumped together.

So I thought I would ask the dev list what (if any) plans are there to
have couchdb and futon live happily in a proxied environment -
particularly one that may be nesting it somewhere other than /. This
seems like a pretty fundamental requirement for something that aims to
play well with web admins, but maybe I'm an oddball. Or maybe you just
haven't gotten there yet. Anyway, since you guys seem to be trying to
lock a few design decisions down before 0.9, I thought I would bring
this up in the hopes that you won't close the door on this sort of use.

Thanks for your time and innovative software!

--
Amos