couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mikeal Rogers <mikeal.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JavaScript 1.8 Features in SpiderMonkey (Please?)
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:30:29 GMT
By JavaScript 1.8 I assume you mean Spidermonkey 1.8 and not the
latest trunk for Spidermonkey aka Tracemonkey which is version 1.9.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/SpiderMonkey/1.8
http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey/release-notes/
https://wiki.mozilla.org/JavaScript:TraceMonkey
http://ejohn.org/blog/tracemonkey/

Technically Spidermonkey 1.8 hasn't been released yet, but this is the
version that is included in the latest release of Firefox and an
official RC1 release of Spidermonkey 1.8 was pushed a few weeks back.

http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.tech.js-engine/browse_thread/thread/59a70434de0a7d22#
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/js-1.8.0-rc1.tar.gz

I'll throw in a non-binding +1 to using Spidermonkey 1.8, the addition
of Array.reduce() is reason enough for me.

-Mikeal