couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Antivackis <patrick.antivac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Introducing CouchDB Ltd.
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2009 15:36:40 GMT
Hi Jan,
Great news, I hope you lot of success

> I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you here.
>
> It's not unheard of for open source projects to evolve like this, see
> WordPress.
>
> --

Sure Noah, but Wordpress is not as ASF project, to outline what Benoit said,
Jan,  you should check with ASF legals first as in this document :
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/trademarks.html (still said as draft)
there is in the "Proper Usage of Apache Product Names " section :

2. You may not incorporate an Apache product name into the name of your
company or software product name. If you have a software product that works
with an Apache software product, it is suggested that you use terms such as
"<product name> for Apache Tomcat" or "<product name> powered by Apache
Tomcat". You may not call your product "Apache <something<" or "Tomcat
<something>".

Regards