couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bulk updates and eventual consistency
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 07:03:11 GMT

On 19/03/2009, at 4:20 PM, David Van Couvering wrote:

> My apologies if this was already answered in that very long thread,
> but
> perhaps someone can summarize for me...

It is intended that the difference between single-node and multi-node
cluster operation not be exposed to clients, to ensure that there are
no single-node-only applications which don't scale to clustered
operation. This means that "deployments where you are not doing
replication" isn't a relevant distinction as far as the CouchDB model
is concerned.

IMO this is a questionable decision, but I'm in the minority.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.