couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject 0.9 release
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 16:11:22 GMT
Hi dev@,

I'd like to propose to release CouchDB 0.9 by the end of
this week based on what is in trunk by then.

The reason: There so many good new stuff in trunk that
needs to get into the hands of our users.

The drawback: We've been promoting 0.9 to be the soul-
saving API-freeze release that finally pushes CouchDB
towards mainstream. — We can't keep that promise and
I think we have an implicit consensus on dev@ to make
0.9 a short-lived intermediate release that still has a
to-be-broken API and try to get the refined 0.10.0 out
soon after that with all major issues fixed.

We'll have to make sure in our announcement and release
notes to state the state of CouchDB for this release and I
think we're good.

Do I have your support?

Cheers
Jan