couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <david.vancouver...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where to add documentation for bulk updates
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:03:55 GMT
Thanks for fixing this, Brian.  I'm not sure I'm totally happy with these
semantics.  Unless I am missing something (more than possible as I'm still
learning CouchDB), for a bulk update with N documents, you would have to do
1 round-trip for the update and N round-trips to check for conflicts (or, if
not using all-or-nothing, N round-trips to check and see if the update was
successful or not).

Isn't there any way for the response to a bulk update to tell you which
documents have conflicts or failures?

If what I'm saying above is correct, I would probably just do regular PUTs
and skip bulk update functionality altogether.

David

--
David W. Van Couvering

I am looking for a senior position working on server-side Java systems.
 Feel free to contact me if you know of any opportunities.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidvc
http://davidvancouvering.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/dcouvering